Spencer Lake Christian Center is a year-round facility providing a place for camping,conferences, retreats and banquets. Our Mission is to provide a safe, fun and loving atmosphere at Spencer Lake through exciting activities, educational programs and recreation. You will be treated to excellent accommodations that are suitable for individuals, families, churches and businesses.
The first Wisconsin/Northern Michigan District camp meeting was held in 1934 at Camp Byron in Byron, Wisconsin. These rented facilities registered the presence of God for the many years that they served our District. In 1944 a 200-acre farm located five miles south of Waupaca on County Trunk E was purchased. This property, situated on a beautiful 52-acre spring-fed lake, became known as Spencer Lake Bible Camp.
Construction during those war days was difficult. Various means of securing buildings and materials were used. A saw and planeing mill at Hawkens, Wisconsin, was torn down and hauled to Spencer Lake Bible Camp, thus furnishing material for the dining hall and other buildings. Several vacated barracks at an army camp at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, were dismantled and reassembled at the Bible camp, providing for the early housing.